Saturday, July 5, 2014

Allen, 2003, Getting Things Done (Productivity)


I found the deluge of tasks easier to manage in the days of paper day-timers and task lists, partly because email had not yet added several hours to every day.  Since 2003 I have lived off screens, and since 2007 I have lived out of a laptop and cell phone, and this leaves me with a feeling of constant inundation.  Coupled with inadequate project management skills (see Roberts, 2011) my task management shortfall leaves me looking for a better way to organize tasks.  Allen’s main solution is to forego daily task lists and work with “next action lists” for projects. This fits in with better organizing of projects... but leaves me with a lot of little lists and yellow sticky notes.  I’m still puzzling about this.
David Last, 1 June 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment